Monday, February 13, 2023

Street interviews - Tom Begley - film director - Shepard's Bush London

Tom originally trained as an actor many moons ago and spent a great deal of time working his way into the industry, with a couple of commercials, lots of short films and a few small feature parts thrown in.

Tom then progressed onto directing theatre and directed a number of successful plays over five years in theatres all over the London fringe, with 2 tours of the UK and Ireland. In the meantime, Tom was getting interested in film and had started to write and direct short films - some of which should never have seen the light of day - but others showed promise. Tom then decided to learn more about the technical side of directing, and so took a directing course at the Met Film School where, under the tutelage of some very experienced mentors, he learned quite a bit and filled in some gaps. Since then, Tom has gone on to win an award at the Saboath Milan International Film Festival in 2011. That particular film is still being shown at women's refuges all over Italy. Tom has directed many short films, a feature film, music videos and test commercials and is currently in the hot seat to direct a low budget feature in 2014. Tom works and collaborates with some very talented people, who like himself are waiting for a break. Tom has access to crew, equipment, actors and post production should anyone be looking to get their project off the ground. In addition, and having worked on low and no budget projects, Tom can certainly help most people (if not everyone) who contact him regarding a project, within reason of course! Tom says "People do need to be realistic about their expectations. People that know me and have worked with me in the past will confirm that I have a "no nonsense" attitude to work and like to get a job done to the best of my ability. I also firmly believe in collaborating in order to get the best result from every project. Lastly no project is too small or too big for that matter and I have a very loyal and talented crew around me who, like myself, want to succeed and get the best from every project" - From Tom's website . . . . . Please subscribe to my channels - English -
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ/shorts Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #london #croydon #homeless #homelessness #uk #love #paris #newyork #england #fashion #usa #photography #art #dubai #instagood #music #travel #londonlife #instagram #canada #unitedkingdom #photooftheday #like #germany #italy #follow #style #france #europe #losangeles #beauty #photo #architecture #love #charity #poverty #covid #help #community #donate #homelesslivesmatter #nonprofit #streetphotography #support #volunteer #helpingothers #homelessnessawareness #photography #homelesspeople #losangeles #coronavirus #street #endhomelessness #giveback #art #food #bnw #hope #life #humanity #mentalhealth 

#dailyvlog #vlog #youtube #vlogger #youtuber #family #suttonrainnguyen #kkandbabyj #cute #khoanguyen #kerenswanson #shoes #fashion #style #sneakers #love #shopping #nike #moda #shoesaddict #instagood #heels #like #jordan #ootd #outfit #onlineshopping #dress #follow #bags #fashionblogger #instagram #adidas #model #fashionstyle #instafashion #stylish #clothes #fashionista #photooftheday #sneakerhead #landonnyguen #khoality #jacksonkhainguyen #vlogs #vlogging #vloggerlife #happiness #youtubers #vloggers #funny #amazing #cuteness #lotsoflove #millionsubscribers #landonians #jacksonista #naynay #teenparents #loadsoflove #london #uk #love #paris #newyork #england #fashion #usa #photography #art #dubai #instagood #music #travel #londonlife #instagram #canada #unitedkingdom #photooftheday #like #germany #italy #follow #style #france #europe #losangeles #beauty #photo #architecture 


VLog in text:


excuse me sir what do you think about British Monarchy monarchy well I'm Irish so I mean that's a silly question to ask me look it okay they're okay they're not bad they've been around a long time and um well at the moment I haven't got a very good name have they all right where about in Ireland uh Dublin Dublin yeah all right look I like the queen she was brilliant you know I have to say she was really good but the rest of them I don't really don't have any time for them


maybe not get rid of them but I I don't know I mean I don't know I mean that would be unfair to say get rid of them um no I mean that's look the queen was great that's that that's it you know but I think now it's time for a change I don't know what needs to be done but it's time for a change you know there's a lot of you know at the moment there's a lot of um living crisis and you know and we don't need we don't really need them you know so we could use the money from the monarchy to put back into society okay yeah you know so but maybe not get rid of them I mean they are an institution they've been there for a long time


like Queen and King they should keep them or not I don't like them you're busy what do you think about British Monarchy I don't know excuse me what do you think about British Monarchy we are from Spain and we are a monarchy they are insane you've got king and queen as well in Spain yes I'm a film director yeah yes for the film director I have no cards on me at the moment but if you give me your details I can certainly definitely so what kind of films do you download everything I've had a film on Sky I did a lot of shots I've done about 120 Shore films I've done music videos I've done two feature films but nothing really in mainstream where are you guys from what country I'm polish


so you're living here Shepherd bush I live in ruislip out in West London yeah and how can we find your Productions online uh well if you go on to my website it's


www.fcekfilms.com that's factfilms.com that's where you will see them


what do you think about brexit being Irish well look it's when Ireland are still in Europe so um we're okay but I live this is my home now the UK is my home it's been my home for about 35 years and England's been very good to me you know they've you know I've always had a job here I've always worked and English people are quite nice you know so you know brexit's a bit unfortunate I think you know are you dual nationality Irish and British no no I'm just Irish but I've been living here and my wife is French and my kids are half French half Irish English you know they're a mixture so uh but look brexit brexit is brexit you know it happened so we can't go back over you know we can't go back over all ground you know what's happened people voted for it so and they were right you know you know the majority won so you know in any case in a Democratic Society if the majority wants something but then you've got to go with it whether you like it or not so that's just how it is I think other countries may follow suit as well too in the coming years you know I think you know there's probably Italy and Poland possibly and Austria and some of these countries are beginning to there's a shift in in the political mainstream in these countries now so I think don't be surprised if another country decides to leave Europe you know did you vote in the referendum I did I voted this day I voters there my wife kind of kind of convinced me you know um but when you look back now and you think oh my God the arguments for brexit dwarf kind of flowed but we all we can all look back at hindsight and go ah yeah I see what happened but it's too late now it's too late what's your name by the name is Tom Tom Begley yeah yeah okay Tom so another question was yes is there something tell us something you didn't tell your mom I got you on this one well let me see now um well I you know I started smoking when I was about 10 you know I see my parents have a pub in Ireland you know we have a pub uh it's a country Pub and it's a shop and my dad was also the Undertaker as well too and it was a small little village you know so you know undertaking at the same time yeah and a shop so we had everything in this little village it's a bit like the Bermuda Triangle yeah so all your life you feed people you give them drinks and then you carry them out in a wooden suit yeah


yeah you have to look at the bright side of the life and the positive things in life you can't always look at the negative stuff you know so you know yeah so what brexit's come and gone Focus excuse my French that's it that's it and um so I'm just wondering what you think of the transgender what the whole thing at the moment yeah I'm trying to get my head around it okay I am from um I'm from a different um generation so to speak you know so this whole transgender and everything and all these new things that are going on I don't know look I don't know um you have to get used to it you need time you don't need time to get used to it look I'm sure there's something to it and you look at if if someone is happy being somebody else in a different body then fine I mean who am I to say anything you know you know who am I to say you know if you're happy dressing up in a woman or a woman's happy dressing up as a man or you want to change that if it makes you happy then fine what can I say do you think they should have they should use the the ladies toilet or the men's toilet or they should have like a uni other toilet toilets made for them well look at I think maybe a unisex toilet give everyone a kind of a chance to kind of get used to all of this so yeah I mean Lucas look do what makes you happy but as long as you don't kind of force it on me or anybody else for that matter then I'm fine with it right no I'm fine you know I mean Live and Let Live you know worry passing through this world we don't you know we don't own you know we're passing through you know it's a leasehold we will be gone in a couple of years so how are you doing boss come on um yeah so you know let people live you know and be kind as well you know be kind to people yeah so yeah sorry I'm getting off track here okay what do you think about independent Scotland


um well look I don't know about independent Scotland I mean I do think that it's probably a little bit premature you know I mean in one way I think it's a little bit just a little bit hypocritical because you know Scotland wanted to stay in Europe and now they want to leave the UK you know so you know I look I think Scotland should maybe stay for a little bit longer did you say Scotland vote to leave the EU yeah I don't think so Scotland didn't vote to leave the EU sorry but Scotland wanted to leave the UK they voted to leave the UK in the last referendum no sorry no you're right they didn't but they almost did not nearly yeah sorry sorry but yeah it was a close call but I mean nearly half the population of Scotland want to leave the UK and that's that's a lot of people but again you know if you the majority wins you know you have if in a society you know Democratic Society you know the majority what they say unfortunately has to go do you think you should give money to homeless people people um I don't know no listen I think there are some people taking advantage of of homeless people and they're getting money and getting money for drugs and I've seen that myself and I've given money to certain people and they've gone and they've um I think they've bought drugs because I I when I come back this happened to me down in Houston one time a couple of years ago and I gave 10 pound to a girl who said she hadn't got enough money to get home and I went for a meeting and I came back and I was getting back on the train and I saw her and she was doing the same thing to somebody else so I just knew that it was drugs that she was buying so give one of the homeless people no I don't think it's a good idea but give them some place to stay and give them a start in life you know because some of them are quite good they're decent people and you know we can all fall on Hard Times you know you may any of us can you know it's just we're just we're one pay packet away from being poor and on the street and that's how that's how real this is you know so no don't give the money but give them accommodation and give them a little start in life maybe just help them you know those who want to do well you know who are really keen on doing well they will do they'll get a job they'll you know and and they'll settle down but some people slip through the net and I think it's unfortunate but no don't give the money but but look after them in other ways you know but try to be kind to people try and be generous there are a lot of homeless people around Shepherd Bush oh loads loads yeah in London there is loads of people there's loads of homeless people you just need to come around here in the evening or at night time and you look in the doorways yeah and you can see that you know things are not good things are not good at all you know uh we're such a shepherd's Bush I mean you go into some other more of the salubrious parts of London for example London Bridge and I work on London Bridge and you see the amount of homeless people that are down there every day every morning every afternoon every night you know it's every place it's endemic it's all over the country and I'm sure the further out of London you go into the towns and cities up North I'm sure it's worse up there because there's less employment so it's a huge problem that's a problem and it doesn't seem to be getting any better so you know someone needs to get their finger out and go from it and get a hold of this Tom do you think Richie sunak should go um Lucas um Richie Sonic there'll be another Richie Sonic to come in after him so um I don't know look at I've they've made a mess of things I think the toys have made a little bit of a mess of things over the last couple of years um and should he go look probably not until they can get someone a bit better I don't know I mean I think Richie's a little bit um he's he's too far removed from uh the actual coal face and from from reality I think so he's a bit far removed from reality look at he's one of the richest politicians in the UK If not in Europe you know so should he go look I know the riches when I could come along so I don't know he won bodies Johnson to come back uh do I well look um probably not probably not I wish I would find someone good I wish you know I wish they would find some leader I don't care what part he's from but some later that could actually get a grip of all of this uh and work out a list of priorities you know and get the economy back running again and just look after people and and just put a bit of effort into it you know that's all I'm asking you know that's what anybody wants are you being affected by the crisis uh lucky enough I'm not really I know I I do okay you know I have a couple of jobs um uh so in terms of you know being able to pay my bills and pay their mortgage I'm fine but I know people who live hand to mouth you know so yeah I'm not affected directly but indirectly yes I am you know so yeah okay thanks a lot Tom for the interview and I will see you later

No comments:

Post a Comment