Sunday, February 5, 2023

Meet Dean James - spice smoker - now has vision loss - Tales from the streets

 



Dean James has taken a part in a series of TabooRooms on YouTube . Link below. He comes from Doncaster, Yorkshire. suffers from narcolepsy. Check this out!  

.Vlog in text:

all right folks so we are here with Dean James yes who's from Yorkshire Yorkshire Doncaster Yorkshire how did you end up in London uh the British transport police uh uh I jumped the train from King's cross to Doncaster uh and for a train ticket fine I can't afford my train fare so they brought me back to London it's Commonwealth green and uh made me pay the fine made me pay fine and then keep me back to the streets homeless and they just left you on the streets literally four days because I couldn't get my medications come over with to London with me I lost my methadone I was withdrawing from 110 mil of methadone four days into it I couldn't even pick my belongings I was so weak I could not fit my belongings up I left my belongings in camberwell green magistrates court and noon have crawled out and I thought magistrates go but it was a bit too much for him but it worked for me I just I just dealt with them you know but I'm a street breakfast I'm rough I'm ready for it you know yeah he's actually at the bathroom at the moment because he's had a form of a breakdown but yeah I've ended up in in London alcoholism my parents were drinkers themselves


West Africa


the system's broken I'll pay tax all my life in the UK yeah all in the UK I ran an events company big company [Music] foreign [Music]


they took 200 pounds off a fine and keep me to the streets I was so weak I couldn't will not fit that my belongings up so I left I left Commonwealth being with seven pounds 11 Pence I think it was seven pounds something and uh I've been on the streets ever since and that was 2018. that's five years man yes that's five years so when the first couple of years the child's sending me back up north because there's no local connection now the reason I didn't go back up north is because my mum's in a bungalow she's so threatened to covid I can't cut some fish at all because of kovid so I'm back to the streets I just came back to London stayed on the streets alone they say it's no second night out it's wrong I've been here for what five years now almost in the streets but I am engaging with connections so uh now things are moving on from the covered area situation people are beginning to interact more with people on the seats it's been difficult because


it's been difficult because nobody wants to come near you on the streets because I think we've got covered and things just it's been I've had anything stolen I've had phones train is taking off my feet I've lost everything all right where do you sleep then James last night I was I be on the train station on the stairwell which is


basically or sometimes it's just outside the chase station there or down the stairs of connections which is on the back there all right but you usually on the Strand somewhere around here yes because I deal with connections which is the mountains in the field which is a homeless like they give you a meal through the day through the week Monday to Friday you can go there you can get you you can see the doctor there so I'll get the medical treatment there I can get a shower there I can get a wash I can get my clothes washed what clothes I've got all right so there's a lot of like like you said lots of drugs on the streets yeah yeah there's a lot yeah and there's I saw from asleep to a called narcolepsy and I feel like I'm in Target it is somebody following me and Target wait for me to fall asleep and then the rubbing they're robbing me when I'm asleep which is another situation I should be on the streets with having narcolepsy alone oh you've got epilepsy knock let's see what's that it's a sleep disorder when I'm not active I fall asleep that's why I can't seem a bit chaotic I see it yeah I see are you messing up with substances I've been stuck in Addiction on and off since I was 19. I'm 47 years old now so again if you believe then but that that oh in bed uh it messed with my head I got into the wrong crowd I got into drugs I got into shoplifting jail


but hopefully no more jail how what what did you do jail for shoplifting shoplifting yeah yeah to to feed my addiction and to support my to support how long was your sentence I was when I say 18 months 18 months and then 12 month formation so all right but the position you do with yeah 12 month formation is to be reintegrated back into the community but it doesn't work really yes


there's a saying in life you become the company so he he in society you get stuck within Society you get stuck into addiction you get stuck into crime not so much crying for myself so I'm not so much crying for myself or addiction now but still I'm still sat with my mental health


which is not too well what's happening I saw from postmatic stress uh I got robbed for four pounds something and I was stuck in this leading like a thunker out and I went blind four days later I lost my sight and uh my right eye is now down and shrinking so they're taking my eye out it shrinks too much he said it shrinks like a bee so for four pounds 60s when you get to Romney who else look at his email and I've lost my sight for it now I got for four pounds 60. it's ridiculous but when was that hey it's all right do you video tonight okay 2017. are you there it's right there right yes I'll see you later yeah about 2015 2015. just before I came to London actually he's a good one as well I can't remember his name South African is he is that his name English is he in South Carolina but he's been in yes he's been in New Zealand that's in New Zealand sorry not South African New Zealand yeah yeah yeah yeah our next internet connections that's another there's some good people and the only thing what keeps me going I guess in society is there's good people on the street still there's it's not good honesty it's to be on the streets but these good people on the streets yeah we're not all bad people that's good to hear that Dean James listen if there's somebody watching this um that knows you is there anything you want to say to your family members or anything like that yeah well uh I'm trying I'm trying I've spent I've stepped out my local area starting better in my life so it's not so much in my family's in my family's face so the uh secondly I I just I just asked for any help and forgiveness towards my family well bless you thank you and is there if some there's somebody wants to donate to you and uh help you out is there a phone number or an email you have uh I I I I haven't just they can get into me via Facebook on Dean came yeah what's your name on Facebook being kind Dean kind k-i-m-e


yeah thank you you slapped me in the flat yeah with all these all the wind has rocked it locked me in no electric and I think it gave me a 10 pound heroin and some spice and you'd be like I'll pick you up in the morning and then he'd pick me up about nine ten o'clock in the morning give me another bag of spice and a bag of everyone to get me out over my rattle and let me go shoplifting for him already to pay my debt off



Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish


No comments:

Post a Comment