Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Meet John - Born in Belfast, now on the streets - Dublin, Ireland

 John was born on the British part of Ireland. After his wife and two kids left him he ended up on the streets. Used to take drugs but now is only drinking.

.

. . .Vlog in text: Folks we are here with John who's been homeless on the streets of Dublin for how long 6 years 6 years and what triggered your homelessness it was a losing not been able to deal with losing my son and my daughter but my partners broke up with me so I just Ed up here and I ended up when I came here I ended up on heroin I ended up on crack but thank thanks be to God I don't do that anymore I'm little more in there drinking now how did you manage to did you go like on the rehab or yeah I went on the rehab so yeah I was on the methodone and all that there and they uh I just decreased it and get offed as soon as it could that helped it helped yeah yeah yeah all right what is it like to be homeless on the streets of D tell you it's very dangerous is it people are getting stabbed the too cut in their sleeping bags it's very very dangerous because a man is homeless doesn't mean he's ER abusing these substances I've been in and out of hostels and I've been living in t um so all together probably on the streets probably 5 years you say I'm not blind I'm a con artist and a fake and a phony I went into care of the hsse and I went from care home to Care Home High proportion of them are probably drugs right and cracks crack cocaine the problem in and and heroin I don't when I was a kid that I had to get my sisters out of the house because the house went on fire and I was the only one that could cuz the rest of them were all underneath me my age and my M my dad and my little brother died in the fire I'm an alcoholic but I haven't drank in 19 months and uh I went to a bad time with drink and that and got to dogs and that what about what about like uh help the you get help there is yeah yeah there's plenty of help at the same community and all that there yeah there is plenty of help but uh most people on the street don't want to go and look for help they just stay way life all right what would you say you know is that most of the homeless people in Dublin are they like drug addicts or are they genuine homeless people as well and I see a high proportion High proportion of them are probably drug addicts right and crack addicts crack cocaine is a problem in and and heroin and heroin yeah most but most the ones that you see in the stre not really homeless but they use the homeless as a as a means to getting food and all know for free so most of the the ones who declare their homeless aren't really homeless I see I see where where you where are you from are you from du I'm from Belfast from Belfast I'm Belfast all right so you Northern British no I'm marish I don't I don't get as being British all right so you have you got Bri citizenship no I have a je identity I take I take the Irish passport all right I'm in the position where going be British passport or Irish passport so take the Irish passport I'm Irish all right yeah far as I concerned they can stick the brother's passport up there ours I'm marish end the story even though you're from Belfast but you feel Irish and not take a British passport no no what do you think about the border between Northern Ireland and then Ireland is that the is it's it's virally it's for not there anymore back in years ago years ago it used to be it was pretty tight clamped down and all that there but nowadays here it's pretty easy going easy flowing back and forward over it so I don't really recognize a border being there right right no no I don't see it no that was the problem with the the brexit that the the Border would have to be there and that the Irish didn't want a border or the northern IR yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah like a physical border yeah but it's it's I mean as far as far as what I know as far as what I see yeah it's it's easy come e you go back and forward over the Border all right John and uh well tell me more about yourself what was your jobs cool mean I was a I was a barber bar yeah I W to B sites I worked on worked on oil rigs I worked in different places over the yearsss as well oh got oil rings what about no out in the RC when I was over used to go to NC British then yeah but you're looking for British that's all right I was more interested in the money not the British cuz it was good pay so you've done all sorts of things yeah yeah and what about the the family of the two children did you say that I I still I'm still in touch with them yeah I'm still in touch with them so everything's okay you still touch with isand they are in yeah uh you see if there's somebody watching this and would like to help is there any uh contact on for you like phone number I don't I don't have a phone number what about email or anything like that I'm good that I have no phone no email no what happen is have to but they get me through the homeless through the red through this homeless they will get me up in the uh the homeless place in in the homeless place where about OPP C Central Criminal Court okay that's they can find you yeah all righty uh well tell tell me more about like uh life life in Dublin was the situation now is said I mean don't get me wrong I thought Dublin I didn't think Dublin was as bad as what it was until I came here but I seen some horrific things I seen bad why would you say that because of the the ratio of the drugs and people on drugs out of their head all the time and all that that I never seen the legs up my life in the North in the North in the north it was always controlled by the AA down the north there was no drugs of the are Su you up here there was nothing one to do that so I got my eyes open and that way but I had to grow up quick and learn fast to survive right right all right what's up did you said that you you spent some time in jail what what did you do like the youil didn't you no sorry I done a few sentences in jail done a few what you me of things only remain of things all right how long did you spend probably 18 months 18 months you've learned your lesson quickly and oh yeah don't go back there in in Ireland did you do that yeah yeah nor north of ir north of ir but here it's not something I'll go back with you know what I mean no no no that that that's a young fellow game it's not for an old man like me oh it was right that was some time ago yeah yeah yeah learn me lessons was all right uh when you when it comes to like people in Dublin do you because you see the people on the streets uh do you get a lot of tourist where the tourists are coming from in d what do you mean you know where where what countries people come from oh yeah yeah yeah I find everybody to come from there a there's a a fast selection many countries in D Poland Romania this that but I kind of get on all right with most of them cuz I kind of know them cuz they don't bother them you know what I mean there's lots of lots of putting very much there's a lot of migrants yeah around all right my friend well thanks a lot for this that no problem all the best God bless you what's that tattoo here love love let me just that's the one I'm doing to I'm you keep toJoin this channel to get access to perks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ/join Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #dublin #ireland #england #london #homeless #homelessness #uk #english #dailyvlog

No comments:

Post a Comment