Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Meet Pip - 24 years on the streets - Dublin, Ireland

 Meet Pip from Dublin. He has been on the streets for the last 24 years. Check this out!

. .

. Vlog in text: Folks we are here with peep who's been on the streets of Dublin for how long 24 years 24 years really that's that's a long time half life where do you usually sleep um we don't go a hustle on the street somewhere ground Street maybe around D green up around that area you know quite up there a hostel we get don't get a host sleep on the streets all right so what why you became homeless um well at a very young age last children and uh I went to a bad time with drink and that and got to drugs and that just because a man is homeless doesn't mean he's abusing these substances I've been in and out of hostels and I've been living in tents um so all together probably on the streets probably 5 years you say I'm not blind I'm a con artist and a fake and a phony I went into care of the hsse and I went from care home to care home High proportion of them are probably drug otics right and crack otics crack cocaine is the problem and and heroin I don't when I was a kid that I had to get my sisters out of the house because the house went on fire and I there the only one that could cu the rest of them were all underneath me my age and my M my dad and my little brother died in the fire I'm an alcoholic but I haven't drank in N Dam months and uh I went to a bad time with drinking that and got to drugs his father got very ill and the things went from from there wrong you know just never got got off that like you know you what drugs was that heroin heroin you still still thing no all right thank God no I don't I don't drink don't do that anymore all right well where were you originally from kma okay not and where's that no okay right and you moved to Dublin when I know D life all right oh I see no you came to Dublin from from from there no no it is D it is part of sorry okay just arrived today my friend so uh drugs triggered your homelessness you may say only I only when came homes I only got into addiction when we came homeless on drugs I was drinking but I wasn't on drugs but when oh you Street I to okay and what about schools What what schools did you uh not second I young left school 16 you left school when you were 16 I see never came back no all right and jobs yeah I had a couple jobs on the way in I just paying decorating I walked in bakeries I walked in hotels I I had a few job few jobs know but nothing payment all right what about family uh mother thought about that uh BR lives down to Country sister she she's married she does her own thing you know she's does she does really understand it I don't think you know they they're old me have you got your own family I have three children yeah they're grown up now they're not children anymore H they're doing very well though you know they're doing okay so that's a blessing you know oh yeah God bless them yeah my friend uh tell me what's the situation in Ireland these days is it more and more homeless or how how you the crisis it's getting worse worse yeah there more people on the streets yeah every day you see more and more you see more and more what about the hand outs are they good is any help coming from yeah there people Del a fi and clothes and that yeah there a good come out and help us on Street s runs they're very good you know so just you had to find them they come around um Mouse nights any not every night now but Mouse nights most nights they come out Street Night War workers and ask you if you need anything and stuff like that they are around okay that's that's good to hear course all right my friend and just like a question not maybe about being homeless but uh you being from Ireland and uh having a border with the UK what do you think about brexit I don't understand it the UK leaving the EU well I don't know since we became part of the EU I mean I think I think that the because we have more and more influx of people you know it's hard now to get accommodation you know it's really hard to get accommodation the EU may not be a good thing for Ireland is that what you say yeah yeah would you like the island to leave the the EU yeah of course okay what about the NATO I know iseland is not a part of NATO I don't understand that either I don't know we've we've always been um with a peacekeeping company you know not don't know why I didn't we no we no I don't think we're not a war I don't don't no no we we're peacekeepers peacekeepers so you rather keep that way oh yeah of course keep Ireland out of NATO oh yeah absolutely all right and what about the the recent politics what's do you think that the current Irish government is doing good job no no they destroyed it all right so you not happy with the current government no and we don't get a chance to vote cuz we no address all right you have no address so you don't get so we don't we're not in the poll you know how can you do you know all right my friend and if there's somebody watching this and maybe wants to help you is there any kind of an email or or a phone number you have that where people can find you are you are you usually on the bridge like on the bridge how do you call that bridge that's a heavy Bridge H Bridge H Bridge right all right that's where you can meet PE uh is there anything else would you like to say no F thanks for the car thanks for caring all right thank you you know all the best people bless you thanks so much bless [Music] you I'm I'm doing I'm let me me Join this channel to get access to perks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ/join Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #england #london #homeless #homelessness #uk #english #dailyvlog

No comments:

Post a Comment