Saturday, October 14, 2023

From prison to the streets - meet Andy - Dublin, Ireland

 Andy had problems with drugs and law. Check this out. Join this channel to get access to perks:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ/join

Vlog in text: Folks so we are here with Andy who's been on the streets of Dublin for how long what triggered your homelessness Andy all right and uh what drugs are what what drugs we talking about like um heroin is heroin is is a big thing in Dublin because a man is homeless doesn't mean he's abusing these substances I've been in and out of hostels and I've been living in tents um so all together probably on the streets probably 5 years you say I'm not blind I'm a con artist and a fake and a phony I went into care of the hsse and I went from care home to Care Home High proportion of them are probably drug otics right and crack otics crack cocaine the problem in and and heroin I don't when I was a kid that I had to get my sisters out of the house because the house went on fire and I was the only one that could cu the rest of them were all underneath me my age and my M my dad and my little brother died I'm an alcoholic but I haven't drank in N Dam months and uh I went to a bad time with drinking that kind to do what triggered your homelessness Andy drug addiction all right and uh what drugs are what what drugs we talking about like um heroin is heroin is is a a big thing in Dublin yeah would be would be I'm surprised it's Island and the the drugs are coming so so easily to the island don't know how they smuggle it those days but here it's around all right Andy and uh well tell me where about yourself where where you originally from lar lar okay that's the other cost isn't it down South down south lwi yeah I've heard about that place never been and you move nice place nice place beautiful town and how long ago you moved to Dublin three and a half years ago and you become homeless right away cuz you said you've been three and a half yeah 3 and half years in Dublin 3 and a half years living on on the streets no accommodation Dublin City won't do nothing for you nothing C do nothing nothing nothing nothing they don't care all right so there's there's no much help coming from the council you say just a sec I have to move all right and Andy like I've ask you about the contact if there's somebody watching this and maybe wants to help you uh you don't have any contact do you no no contact all right but people can meet you here just outside the the post office really yeah yes over there all right and tell me about you growing up in larwick how was that goodful town did you go to college no college no no uh School 15 and um ended up in prison along the way to prison is to this area that's it was how long you've done in prison um couple years down there MH biggest one was 8 years smallest one was 6 months ago coule years ago I don't know in out of prison for years the drugs got me that was it Ru everything destroyed yeah man yeah well well are you not thinking about Rehabilitation yeah I'm actually on the program at the moment you are on the program prog and how is that going yes going very well yeah very very well I haven't used in 12 months 12 and a half months ago s what did you say so I haven't used drugs in about 14 months haven't you right what about like alcohol problems don't drink Don't drink don't drink that's good man and then he said yeah then then prison and then end up on the on the streets of Dublin basically how safe is it on the streets here would you [Music] say you just have to mind what you're doing mind your business depends on what you're doing you know like everywhere else it can be good and it can be bad MH mhm and what about like a hand outs uh for homeless people I know there is something in on Grafton Street and post office they they're [Music] like sock so for fits and pieces you know you wouldn't you don't hand out Apartments they don't it's a p h what about hostelling cuz I've heard that there's actually pretty good system for people getting hostels no no it's no good system make sure where you look for one then show you where to put you that's it you might like where you go you know mhm all right Andy and uh is there any advice you could give to people you know who are messing with drugs ni it in the board and stuff before it's too late right get clean change your ways change your crowd change your surroundings basically just you know is the thing catch up and you eventually catches up you end up in this situation which you don't like okay well I hope you get better get clean and well you said you clean and uh you get help and housing soon uh and I wish you all the best Andy thanks for the interview cheers pul I'm homeless but I'm too I'm you attit me Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #england #london #homeless #homelessness #uk #english #dailyvlog

No comments:

Post a Comment