Friday, October 6, 2023

Meet Anthony - he lives in a tent - Dublin, Ireland

 I met Anthony on the outskirts of Dublin. He lives in a tent. Check this out. Join this channel to get access to perks:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ/join

Vlog in text: We are here with what's your name Anthony Anthony and you've been homeless on the streets of Dublin yes for how long eight years now eight years yeah over eight years what triggered your homelessness uh what triggered it was I had uh you know I was in a relationship with a woman living locally to this area in Marina MH H I was living with her uh we have a son together now um whatever we she fell out in love with me and don't basically know but uh uh that was okay I still stayed with her for a while until I found my own place which I did uh was working at the time and uh things were going okay but like I was a bit cut up over the loss of the relationship yes because I had as I say had a we child at the time he would have been at that time about 6 and A2 now uh got my what about making the interview over there you don't want to go over there yeah we can right folks so we are here with anony who's been homeless on the streets of Dublin for last 8 years right that's a long time where you sleeping I'm sleeping in uh C this park just at the end of this park not in this park past the DART station there is some uh trees uh it's a wooded area and I have a tent inside oh you live in a tent inside oh right that's bad man it's okay have you done that for a long time this I'm doing this now basically since I've been homeless which is like over eight years now uh look I I get used to it people ask me like do I be afraid or you know do I get trouble not really get much trouble sometimes uh the biggest problem I have is from other homeless people stealing from my tent yeah you know yeah so they can't leave anything in it that's what it is but mostly people leave me alone all right because a man is homeless doesn't mean he's abusing these substances I've been in and out of hostels and I've been living in tents um so all together probably on the streets probably 5 years you say I'm not blind I'm a con artist and a fake and a phony I went into care of the hsse and I went from care home to Care Home High proportion of them are probably drug Al right and crack Al crack C you problem and and heroin I don't when I was a kid that I had to get my sisters out of the house because the house went on fire and I was the only one that could cuz the rest of them were all underneath me my age and my M my dad and my little brother died in the fire I'm an alcoholic but I haven't drank in n d months and uh I went to a bad time with drink and that and got to dogs and that and just well uh tell me your story how you become homeless yeah uh originally I met this girl I was actually in rehab I had a problem with alcohol and uh I addressed that and we met in a rehabilitation center I had nowhere to go at the start so uh we I started to live with her um not too long after uh she fell pregnant and we decided to get a bigger place and we went to inor in Dublin and everything was going all right but still she she started after she uh had the baby she started to uh drink again heavily and I was still drinking I would say heavily too to be honest you know and so it was a bad situation anyways uh this volatile situation meant that um things weren't working out in the relationship but it was her name was on the lease and the of the house so she had enough of me and I had enough of her and she said this is not working out I want you to go so I said I give you whatever a week or two or something to get somewhere else which I did I got my own place in drumcondra so I went to drumcondra and everything was going well I was working night shifts on the new the new Lewis line not the original the said the new Lewis and what line is it this is the one like from Stevens green you talking about Road or yeah Louis Track doing the tracks working on construction and yes it was lonely at the start because I was so used to being with her and I missed her and I was worried about her and I started drinking heavily again myself because of the loss of or and the loss of my son it's not that I it's I couldn't see him as often I was so used to coming home from work and seeing him hugging me and all this and every day I come home and it's nothing you know just I didn't wasn't eating properly starting just drinking when I come home I still were going to work and all this but what happened then with my house was I bring people back to drink with me and one time a man he [ __ ] done some damage in the house and the landlord asked me to leave so I said okay I had to hold my hands up and say yes the damage was from me wasn't from me personally it's from someone I brought him but uh I left and I knowwhere to go I started to sleep under a bridge and this was okay until one day the rain came and the water it rose up like say I was like here the water rose up up up and I wake up one time and the water was all over me so I knew he was washed away in the river I tell you so I I said to myself right need to get out of here so I remembered I used to when I had money by the way my job at that stage was finished so now I was back on social welfare and I went back to uh some people that down where I live now uh there was people living there already and I knew them and came back down I used to on occasion come down and maybe bring them some alcohol or whatever you know cuz they had somewhere to M somewhere someone to drink with anyway uh they said like they they had an old tent where they could fix me up like to sleep I said okay no problem that was Grand and I thought it was very good because before that for a while uh after the river incident where I was nearly drowned in the water I was sleeping rough in the streets of Dublin and I was going into like uh archway and places like that you know I shopway but I was getting attacked constantly by who by either druggies for want of a better word or actually I shouldn't say but uh you know people from a different country they say uh you know Gypsies and stuff like that often to tried to rob my food or whatever I had in my bags my bits of clothes and stuff several times I was into altercations oh I see how is the situation in Ireland when it comes to homeless people like uh what kind of uh handouts do you get people ah yes originally when uh I was down we had a little community of people and we had plenty of of handouts but I find recently it's very hard to get uh stuff and unless I go into the town myself um if I have money I I I sometimes beg outside shops and I have enough money to get the bus in and get some dinner maybe today I'll try to do this get some food all right and in the center I've heard about the outside the post office is correct that's where I go yeah yeah is that like the only place around it's not the only place there's North Earl Street not too far away from that and one around at the old Central Bank you know and um I don't keep follow up on this you know it's normally just the GP I go to um I don't have a phone at the minute I keep every time I get a phone or something it is get stolen on stolen on me constantly but what I will say is there is one crowd called help our homeless it used to be inner city helping homeless and they come out to me all right um help our homeless help our yeah help the homeless or help our help our homeless that's there's there's two two feed our homeless and help our homeless two different uh uh Vans but this help our homeless comes out to me and they they give me some sandwiches uh you know but it's very before it was very easy to get what you needed of them the donations now is not happening I don't know why MH like even I am caught in the rain today now I am hoping that they have a pair of socks for me you understand me they probably won't they won't have them people I don't know what is happening now it's it's gone to the stage where people are not uh they're not donating and I don't know whether it's a fact that they're not sure whether the money is going to the right place or not I don't know but I is how how is the the the the price crisis the high price crisis yeah High High Cost of Living crisis in Ireland yeah I know it's it's horrible because even I would like to work but I can't I can't commit to a job yourself and I tell you why because I don't have a phone I can't really afford a phone at the minute and if I didn't have a phone it's probably going to be robbed on me anyway um you know so you need to have the alarm to get up now it's very hard to get up just say like day like today is very bad weather I got very wet today so I don't have any other clothes so as you know yourself I have my socks on the over there hanging up trying to dry them out shot of that yeah you put them back on you you know no I have no socks on the way back but uh like I it's very very difficult people say some people say like you know what are you doing sitting on your knee is on cardboard looking begging for money get up of your ass get a job it's not that easy it's okay for them to say that they go home after the day's work even if they do get wet they strip off get a shower you know no problem dry themselves up do your things on the way yes then they have maybe their wife giving them food or whatever it's hot dinner for them and if I was working like I come home dirty and wet uh oh man I have to sleep in my clothes sometimes wet you know MH and then I I just hang up my sleeping bag for the day when I go that's fine if it doesn't rain that day but if it does I'm [ __ ] you understand it's how is the weather this summer here not good not good at all very bad very very bad see but it's I'm not one to complain very much it's sounds like it but I'm not I am just trying to be honest with you what's wrong is no matter what I do how hard I try something is stopping me all the time it's red tape in Ireland I had a driver's license it's our date since February it cost me5 55 now for some people that's not a problem5 55o there you go get your new one for me 55 it's a problem in May I have tickets for driving the excavators the machines on the building side they're gone out of date now I have to go and do the a again for the fifth time but this is the 5 towards your driving license thank you you know that's this will help thank you very much thank you very much you sure oh yeah very thank you but as I say but that's no but all this little bit help if everybody listen hold on to interrupt you but when we add it now maybe there is an email address or a phone number you have and people can donate to you which you you can share that and I'll be on my YouTube channel yes if you want yeah you can do it you can do it now it's like your your email yes it's just I like I have one more thing to say because cuz I'm not finished yet I want to say about I I am not a lazy person uh when somebody sees me at the shop they probably say oh this man like he's probably spending his money on drugs and all this I want to relate to the drink issue I had sorry for the microphone sorry sorry sorry um uh I went and got uh got went back to rehab and got control of my drinking okay after Antonio what about like the the the substance abuses this is what I say yeah is is is is it happening on the streets here happening is big problem here very big problem very big problem very big problem yes yes what substances are those uh I think the worst substance I can see is this crack cocaine CRA it's coming very big in Ireland uh I've tried it myself I won't lie I don't like it I don't like it doesn't it makes me feel funny and I don't like that feeling uh it's very expensive anyways as well it's maybe it's not that it's expensive but you only get small little bit for like whatever 2020 you get like little crumb and you put it on the pipe you smoke it you get a little high but it just lasts maybe what minute or two couple minutes maybe okay uh I don't do this I don't do this this it's not for me I feel embarrassed I feel ashamed when I done it because uh it's not it's wasn't like peer pressure I had a choice I tried it I don't like it that's the end of it I see okay right Antony uh what What's the future for you what is it my future I am 43 years of age okay 79 0 or 80 80 right um anyways future I don't know the problem there is a problem another problem with me is I suffer with depression and I need to get tablets for depression is that what you suffer from depression as well big time Big Time It's mood swings mood swings I'm okay now talking with you very good you know and I can be very happy you know very happy and in the same day I could be very happy and then and and in the same day I could go over and sit under a tree and not want to talk to anyone anyone comes near me I can get depression I can get angry with them and tell [ __ ] off you know and then when I think about it I say oh I'm so sorry and then I start to cry cuz it goes all the moods in the one day okay and you take some tablets and that that helps you to I did and my doctor was prescribing me them and what happened was during this depression I thought I would try and get rid of these tablets for myself can I do it on my own I'm me against the world I'm going to do this my doctor says this is a big mistake Anon big mistake and she was right would you rather she would rather keep you taking the the drugs I have to you have to take it it's not it's not whether I want to or not I have to cuz if I don't I'm in trouble okay an my friend well I wish you all the best thanks for that interview is there anything else would you like to add to to zupa vloggers yes I would just like like uh to say that maybe U just take take a minute and take a minute to understand that even that my mention about drink drugs substances because a man is homeless doesn't mean he's abusing these substances people are genuinely hungry and cold and wet and we need help so please if you see a person and he looks like he genuinely needs help please help him something small goes a long way 50 Cent in a man's cup if everybody gave a little bit I'm fed you know well said Anon no problem all the best thank you [Music] V that wasn't [Music] o Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #dublin #ireland #homeless #homelessness #uk #english #dailyvlog

No comments:

Post a Comment