Sunday, October 22, 2023

Meet Mikaela - 8 years on the streets - Dublin, Ireland

 Mikaela grew up in care homes. She was placed in a hostel and found love there. they both left the hostel and became homeless.

.

.. . . .Vlog in text: All right folks we are here with Mela who's been homeless on the streets of Dublin for how long eight years now eight years and uh what triggered your homelessness I went into care of the HS and I went from care home to care home and then when I turned 18 automatically I ended up on the streets all right how old you've been when you you you you came to the care home 11 years old into care was that like a bad family situation yeah a very bad family situation like it it wasn't it wasn't safe for me to be at home anymore because a man is homeless doesn't mean he's abusing these substances I've been in and out of hostels and I've been living in tents um so all together probably on the streets probably five years you say I'm not blind I'm a con arst and a fake and a phony I went into care of the hsse and I went from care home to care home in high proportion of them are probably DRS right and crack GS crack cocaine you the problem and and heroin I don't when I was a kid that I had to get my sisters out of the house because the house went on fire and I was the only one that could was the rest of them were all underneath me my age and my M my dad and my little brother died in the fire alcoholic but I haven't drank in 19 months and uh I went to a bad time with drinking that and got to drugs and that was that like a bad family situation yeah very bad family situation like it it wasn't it wasn't safe for me to be at home anymore it was just it was like neglect and I always had to take care of my siblings siblings yes what happened to them um they went into care as well they went to care as well yeah I have six there's six of us all together and they all went into care yeah except for one of them only one of them didn't go into care the eldest one stayed with my mom I see I see how are your other siblings doing now well they're they're okay like like they they kind of came out of care and went in with my mom but it's it's harder than that like I have a six-year-old daughter as well but she's with my mom because you you got six years old daugh she's with your mom yeah CU I didn't want her to be in homeless situation cuz she has she has she only has one kidney she only has what one kidney she has one kidney she has this thing called Hemy hypertrophy which it's a rare disability disease okay so your mother is looking after her yeah because so he didn't want there to be in in back in in homeless like homelessness sorry to hear that M uh well tell me about your like childhood well you you were in a care care homes yeah Fosters family as well yeah they were they weren't the greatest they weren't the greatest no I was in a mental home a me a child's mental like mental home at the age of 14 which led me were you diagnosed with some mental mental yeah what's what what is it I've I've like I've a lot of like I've chronic depression and anxiety and postraumatic stress disorder because stuff happened while I was in car like I was sexually abused okay in the care in the state care that that worsen your mental health yeah it doesn't help it any better and how old you've been when you when you get out of the foster care 18 years old 18 and what happened then they basically just they try to help you what like but they can't can't help because there's so there was so when I turned 18 so I'm 26 now there was nowhere for kids and care to go other than to the homeless helpline so that's all they can do is give you the free phone number and that's all they do they don't offer you help or stability or tell me how is it to be homeless in the the streets of ding do you get some help not really like there's Outreach programs that can help but they they can only help as far as trying to get you into a bed but it depends how like that could be only a one night bed and then there's a lot of drugs in the in the hostals in Dublin where I try to stay away from that do they search you before they let you go to a hostel or no some hostel search you know yeah some do so you're getting violated in a way when you're get when you're going into somewhere where you think you're safe at night where you're getting checked on and then there's regular checks every like hour Sumer every hour some could be every two hours and then some could be just twice a day but the ones in the city center like they check a lot because a lot of J do you stay in hosts I had I had a reason to not be in the city center for so I can't be in a hostel particularly in the city center but I'm in I'm in one the past year and it's it's 80 rent which is a lot see 80 for 80 a week which is a lot of money a night um a week a week yeah okay well right and um like what about jobs jobs you work no I don't I don't work you were a mother quite yeah like it's hard even to get a job like you need to have experience and I don't have experience cuz I've only been experiened on the street really and then yeah I had somewhere with my daughter for a while but that didn't last so it was just safer for her to go and then for me to go back on the streets what about substance abuse are you having problems with that I was I was addicted to heroin heroin I was I ended up addict addicted to heroin but now I'm I'm I'm stable on M own is there a lot of drugs on the streets of Dublin a lot there's drugs every Everywhere You torn there's drugs in Dublin heroin and what else is there loose heroin crack cocaine tablets just a lot of Street tablets and then a lot of crack and heroin what kind of tablets we talking about um for homeless story it this does take a picture I'm broke have no money but I'm to r no B got Ro a roach no I don't sorry [Music] want hey look out around nice to meet you nice to meet you as well I ain't got no money I a't get no job love you give me a than no problem you too all right cheer your things are you Irish what friendly Lord I must say so a lot of people shoplift as well for addiction yeah so that's why he's said he robbed lifestyle Sports the shop I think it's it's only up there a little bit so he just said that yeah he just said that on it that he WAP lifestyle Sports all right well if there's somebody watching this and maybe wants to help you is there any way to contact you like a phone number email an email address yeah you can you can say maybe you maybe there are people out there who are willing to help you if you want to yeah email address is Michaela 4455 hotmail.com do have to spell probably they can ver if somebody's interesting if you want to spell spell it m i c h a e l b 4455 hotmail.com if anybody would like to reach out and help and maybe hear my story a bit more yeah you check your email regularly yeah no I I can yeah all right and uh any advice to to young people who are messing with drugs to anybody stay away from drugs they're a devil it only causes pain to family and yourself like it hurts a lot of people drugs are dangerous they're not and I I I I've abused drugs since I'm 1 so like my first drug was MDMA so I I like I I'd stay clear from any drug because it's a dict and it's hard to get rid of addiction it really is like it's not addiction is I would say yeah yeah that's a d it's a devil's a devil's drug that's what it is no it's sometimes it's life unfortunately and that's what happens all right my friend thanks a lot for that interview I wish you all the best uh get off the hope you get off the streets soon uh get reunited with your daughter and have a good life thank you thank you you [Music] too chJoin this channel to get access to perks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ/join Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #england #london #homeless #homelessness #uk #english #dailyvlog

No comments:

Post a Comment