Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Meet Rachel - had a drinking problem - Dublin, Ireland

 I met Rachel near the main post office in Dublin, GPO. She was begging on the streets. Her homelessness started with a drinking problem. .


. . . . .Vlog in text: Are here with Rachel who's been on the streets of Dublin for how long 12 years 12 years 12 years and uh is always on the streets or no I've been in and out of hostels and I've been living in temps um so all together probably on the streets probably 5 years 5 years on the streets what triggered your homelessness I had a drinking problem because a man is homeless doesn't mean he's abusing these substances I've been in out hostels and I've been living in tents um so all together probably on the streets probably 5 years you say I'm not blind I'm a con artist and a fake and a phony I went into care of the hsse and I went from care home to Care Home High proportion of them are probably drug alcts right and crack alcts crack you the problem and and heroin I don't when I was a kid that I had to get my sister out the house because the house went on fire and I was the only one that could cu the rest of them were all underneath me my age and my M my dad and my little brother died in the fire I'm an alcoholic but I haven't drank in N damn months and I went to a bad time with drinking that got to dogs the streets what triggered your homelessness I had a drinking problem and I am that's how I ended up prom all right and that was that 12 years ago yeah you I was 24 were you like were you had a place to stay at that time at the first time first hostle yeah I had somewhere to stay and and after was it like a financial problems you got yourself into no I got in a relationship and I got kicked out of a hostel so I went with that person out onto the streets that's what happened what happened under the what happened with the the host I got I got in a relationship with somebody with somebody oh and you get out of the hosle yeah I got kicked out and they came with me and I went out on the streets and all right I see now Rachel uh how is it to be homeless in Dublin do you get a lot of help or not there help there's superon there's uh there's places you can go and eat you know you can get clothes and you know so it's it's not too bad there is help out there but it's hard sleeping out you know especially the winter the winter is very very hard winter is hot yeah and you you stay in a tent often I was in a tent for probably over probably 2 years probably two years in the 10 in Dublin do what do you think about the number of homeless people in Dublin is that growing I think there's 12,000 12,000 homeless people I think in the whole Ireland uh yeah I think the number is 12,000 the whole island but not too sure actually cuz I don't think this that bad as 12 thousand people what do you think is the problem here with the homelessness is it drugs yes it's mostly drugs mostly drugs it's not like people genuinely where there are there some people that really have no no no addictions as well on the streets cuz there's a life the the high price crisis and I hear a lot of people are on the streets do you see the number increasing I don't know I don't know if it's increased or I think it has increased you you see more and more on the streets see people come over from different countries and they get housed and but they W hous us I see so what about like foreign people being homeless are there any homeless people over as well I see well tell me more about yourself like you growing up in where are you from from C all right and how old you've been when you moved to Dublin no I all right it's a part of Dublin Sor I just right so you you and um so you from Dublin yourself and what about schooling you did any college no I didn't go to college I was in school though you you I went to second I do okay jobs like what I used to manage a shop manager shop I was manager in a spar shop in a spar shop okay well done that's a quite good job I would say all right but uh how is your drinking problem now I don't really I don't really drink anymore you don't really drink at the moment no all right Rachel and if somebody's watching this and wants to help you is there any like a phone number or email for you I have no phone number there is nothing to to contact you I see no no contact all right well people can can find you here near the the Spire yes is that where you usually sit I'm in a hostel and now I'm in the Spire hostel in a hostel all right um uh well is there anything else you would like to say no all right thanks a lot for the interview I hope you get better and get housing and get back to to to normal life say all the best Rachel cheers I'm homeless I'm but I'm doing I'm en ch Join this channel to get access to perks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ/join Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #england #london #homeless #homelessness #uk #english #dailyvlog

No comments:

Post a Comment