Saturday, September 21, 2024

Meet David - King of Croydon - homeless in London

 Meet David - King of Croydon - homeless in London, I passed David an Croydon High Street and once i saw him on a bed on a street i had to have an interview with him. He is called the King of Croydon. The rest is a history now





Hi folks we are here with David who's been on the streets of croon for how long months can we just wait for the bus to go and the back on the stret the buses on the stret yeah you get used to noises yeah we en C on can you hear me David's got his little G here the street on the street you get used to basically you get used to the noises so imagine me in a room by myself in silence yeah but you got a really big TV right David what happened how did you become homeless sex drugs in rock and roll I burned all my bridges I thought that was better you I mean have an interview I bur all my bridges my mom's in Ireland nothing well basically the world was not enough nothing was ever enough I was never satisfied even though I got everything I ever desired my my mom's an it started off my mom's an isand my D's in England so I was flying I was on planes all the time since you know 8 years of age I was flying flying but I was on the plane like we're flying back to Ireland and four England isand England CU your father is from Ireland right no England my mom's Ireland my mom's my mom's a gway girl yeah my dad's in England but since I but last play when I was very young anyway but since I was a young nippo but basically if I if I if I wanted to see my dad I'd have to go to England and if I wanted to come back to see my mom I'd have to go to Ireland but because they weren't coming with me you had like a mentor like a mummy figure who took you from a to eight when you was a little Nipper so that how much imagine being a little Geer like that and you flying on a plane but you you know with some R I grew up a lot stronger I you know like differ you know


you got anything love you and King how long have you been on actually on this street all together yeah 7 years 7 years I've never seen you in this street here before yeah but yeah but you about you want about Cen yeah you want about just this the up on the street here what this you mean this specific part here I've been here for about about 5 weeks 5 weeks well cuz I had an operation 5 weeks ago and I couldn't stand that for 2 days and I was right here have you ever had um you know like old [ __ ] get no have you ever had a hit replacement how many 36 oh you had a hip replacement yes what happened there


David my hi


broke when was that was that recent 5 weeks ago 5 months you're still feeling the pain five weeks ago five weeks ago a month ago I'm on no medication at all I was a morphing coding for 5 days in myay but they wouldn't give me any medication because I checked myself out I was with six old CS yeah and I've never said that before but since having this operation I thought so you basically stuck no but you know there wait can I finish do you know why I discharge myself do you know why I discharge myself after five days did you do you know why why cuz I can stand up you can stand up I


see well my brother well tell me about your story like about your childhood and all that well I'm from wford I'm from I'm from I'm from wford M alord here but I left Watford when I was 12 cuz I'm that's I've really I was I I'd already gone to Ireland before but when I was 12 officially I moved to Ireland my m so officially I started to live in Ireland and that's when I started playing sort of table tennis England Ireland backward I was where about in Ireland southern island limi oh I see Li lii origin Li how did you travel between London and Limer was that a plane or or a boat yeah plane plane Li I've done a boat I've had a couple boats back in the day but FL to Shannon the airport Shannon from flying to shanon to Ireland it's only about literally a little bit you know about the best part of 30 minutes just to get to my mom's house from sh airport in but she is it my mom's my mom's name is Maria she's in County CLE but I lived in well she might have some C I don't like it but there you go he's not vient but I still don't like him um MH but I lived in Dublin you know I lived in Du yeah yeah I lived in Dublin 3 and a half years yeah how was dubling for you buddy yeah like London like London yeah exactly like London but just an Irish accent exent really you know to a certain extent yeah didn't you struggle with your accent you got more of an English accent and Irish to me anyway me yeah yeah but I'm not oh I'm not yeah but I'm Irish I'm English you have Irish I've got Irish in me but my voice isn't Irish though mhm well I haven't been to Island for 7 years for 7even years yeah I haven't been on a plane for S years because that bad then what is causing your homelessness you know like at the moment you had a re hi replacement yeah yeah what else you've got any substance abuse issues or anything like that you're drinking you can't survive without something what we going to do read a book all right how much of you drinking as much as I could drink really but still without do nothing I don't I don't drink wait give me some money this is seriously wait I don't want to make love to you actually that um what you asking for no no no no I'm just s nice weather


um I forgot what the question was um I don't really drink I I never play for Spirits cuz it's to expensive there's no point but yeah when it comes to drinking MERS yeah I have about 10 cans a day you know at least 10 cans and that's all no more alcohol than cans ofid yeah but it's self-medication okay it's purely for medicinal purpose how long you've been on the streets for uh only 7 years 7 years don't look at all you you've shaven man yeah I got a shave yesterday opposite oh you got a shave up across the street let me just show I don't pay for nothing oh you pay for that shave I not pay for nothing no how much you pay it's for free everything's for free for me you hear that everything is for free


so how are you not originally from croon why croon croon the reason why C is I went to the C magistrates court and they said they couldn't go back to where I was so I thought I'd stay here where was I before here came well green they could they told they told you you can't come back yeah hello welcome to cour magistrates can't go back to


Camp all right good


yeah all right Davy then if there's any anybody watching this that knows you or want to reach out for you is that phone number email wait have you going can I listen to one song on your phone yeah well come here then I want to put a song on tell me what song is it well don't I put get get I ain't going to run away I can't really stand up to honest it's okay I put that song on tell me I miss doing the Hopscotch just tell me what do you want to hear uh can you put on Chris Brown DAV blow my mind I'm doing this right for you yeah blow yeah yeah blow my mind yeah the other one now is it yellow one Chris Brown blow my mind yeah but turn some here David or Chris Brown D down chis


blow I don't want to come on the on the on the I run away I can't


standit oh give me s you right right done listen listen to that the loudest yeah that's the loudest brother yeah trust me just trust me I trust listen to with


me you like that one yeah yeah you like afro beats yeah now DAV David they call him I'm David his name DAV


did you hear on the streets of trons yeah you


did I think I will have to cut that out the right out because it's copyright strike you know right David David there anything else you want to say no I do I'm tell so have you got like an email or or a phone number but I'm trying to listen to the song it's all right we can do that later we back to the interview so have you got an email or or no I don't have an email I ain't got a phone and how can people reach you if they want to help you I ain't got a phone she can't you are here on the on in the High Street of croon right yes well I'm always here yeah you're always here yeah she's well she's a dead body I shot her last night so I'm just waiting for the girlfri first she I sh last night ambulance is on the way well she just pissed me off so I thought I'd give it a go ambulance I can find David here thanks for watching this one I see you soon again


cheer


Vlog was a Bo was a

No comments:

Post a Comment