Sunday, January 15, 2023

Life on the Streets - Meet Nigel - his postcode is the same as the Savoy's Hotel


 Vlog in text:

Right folks we are here with Nigel Nigel and you've been on Streets of London for how long going on 36 years 36 years


subscribe people to your Channel


I am happy New Year everybody have a good life hello my friend what's your name Tyler


[Music]


yeah folks we are here with Jason who's been on streets how long three months three months now and this is your usual usual spot yeah hey we're here just like the right boy Tesco's what happened that you are


ended up using crack drugs hello how are you tired cold how was last night cold it's very cold last night pretty cold last night yeah yeah so you slept here and I out where is Archie how to get Hospital what happened he's got a testified very bad chest infection very bad chest infection and he ended up in hospital you're on your own yeah oil [Music]


you are you from this area Nigel no no I come from the northeast of England what about from Germany well from Germany


okay what brought you to London long long time ago when I was in my teens late teens when I came to London and stayed all Streets of London cool I've got lots of flats I've had lots of jobs but now I'm disabled so now I have to work with my cooks and now my house knackered I'm sleeping on the streets sleeping on the street every day where about are you sleeping on this street or we've got like a place made that place sheltered I have a doorway a job a doorway a doorway right right it was my doorway your doorway it's important to have your doorway well Nigel tell us more about yourself I came from London about 1985 1986 came to London I had so many good stories about London at the time I came to London beside the stairs when I think about it now they want good stars did you try to get you to London then in London you're getting a vicious circle it's a circle it's easy getting in the circle we're 36 years longer I'm trying to get out the circle and you're still in the circle yeah as soon as there after all this time it's very easy to get into it but it's very hard to get out of it when I get out of it because now I have a drink problem a drug problem what are you doing you just gotta try it back yourself really and that's what I'm trying to do but I Nigel so is this the best place for I see a lot of homeless people around this area is that one of the best areas to be homeless yeah right


it's not a question that like it's easy it isn't it for it to be it's it's if you need food if you need food come on the Strand if you don't need food keep out to London that's what I said yeah before it's so easy to get filled around here so easy what about money that's what we're doing trying to bring a bit of money between us and we'll just share at the end of the night to get a drink of tobacco do you like old friends here yeah yeah you know each other yeah this one next to me is a Hungarian Dearborn English like me but we have lots of we have polish friends on Gary and friends we have friends from all around the country all around the world really you meet them on the street and that means a lot of immigrants here are being homeless um it's no good time to me about immigrants because we're an Englishman


it's not anymore because all immigrants have stopped all this but it's not a good chance for me about immigrants because I'll tell you what you don't want to know how you say what you want you feel you know you really live in every country it usually England it's not England anymore and now it belongs to the foreigners it really does this country it's bollocks well that's just my opinion


yeah


there's a lot of immigrants around there there's thousands is it most of the homeless people around here are immigrants or or English yeah immigrants immigrants right you probably find about if you walked all around the world and you shouldn't be talking to me so mind your own [ __ ] business you're next you are next you are next for five it's easy quick just sweep the truth yeah sweep the truth and he's the worst ones you can talk about immigrants I'm trying to do it nicely to you I'm trying to because when you come across them there might be a lot of language at least here was that one is gone but uh we're English people you're selling this or there in Hungarian but a really nice person yeah I've met so many nice people on the street it's unreal over the years but I've met some I met some proper nasty consumers I bet you did I really have one Streets of London save those days nah treasure London and never said but it seems anywhere in the world the streets are never set they're as safe as you make them today and that's right by myself every night me and my Coots I don't give a [ __ ] if anyone texts me I haven't got a problem they really have got a problem with and where Ashley there's probably 30 people phone call away so if you ever get any problems I can say I've seen this this people live all around me and the others come checking on me as well I said no I'm not very good on my health so I have them checking on me all night long all right yeah cool what else would you say go go come to London the Streets of London is not good for nobody it really isn't if you can get a job move out to London go go London's finishing when it really is finished it's been finished for years how much money you can make you can get a day


over Christmas I once thank you yes that's out this one out imagine 55 pounds I bought this new coat hey I'm out of my chair oops it's funny when his friend on that Christmas Day I begged 110 pounds and said it was fun so it's two times on Christmas day yeah that was a good day for you yeah it was Meal made all the money I just shared it with the people I was sitting with that I'm that kind of person but now the three was trying to pack four I'm gonna I'll probably go off for a one to seven and go sit somewhere else too many people really


my friend Joey the white block is very good friend of mine he brought me these drinks behind me and buy me drinks tomorrow and the next day just for sitting there I'd just let him keep all the money man but I have to try and get some money this money I'm gonna get for you I'm gonna buy food I'm gonna buy some hot food at McDonald's later so I go to sleep that's what I'll buy with that cause I'm so hungry but if you just get used to being hungry all the time yeah I mean I could stay outside of a coffee shop for an hour or so remember to get a coffee and a sandwich well as soon as I sits I was trying to make some money but it's hard to make money man it's not as easy what people say yeah I tell you it really isn't it anyway because I'm gonna fed up now look at the describe the soup super a very good Network very good subscribe now

No comments:

Post a Comment