Thursday, January 5, 2023

Life on Streets -- Claire talks about her life

This time i am speaking with Claire about her life and experiences she had as a homeless. Listen to her story....




Vlog in text: 


yeah when I was at school one time I dyed my hair blonde and I only had to start it and we was doing a film thing in the dining hall at school all you see was you could see my face or you see this bright blob yeah when my head oh you see my hair you know where it's right and that when it was blonde today they still bleached it oh you could see me all you see this bright blood walking around it's funny with the videographers would say it was Overexposed yeah it was just the white stuff gave all the kitchen off anyway I have a subscribe people to your Channel foreign


what's your name Tyler Tyler you've been on streets five months six months now you're with Claire yeah folks we are here with Jason who's been on streets three months now and this is your usual usual spot yeah hey but hey old boy Tesco's happened that you are


ended up using crack drugs hello Claire how are you tired cold and tired how was last night cold it's very cold last night pretty cold last night yeah yeah so you slept here and I out where it's Archie Arctic in hospital what happened it's got a testified it's very bad chest infection very bad chest infection and he ended up in hospital you're on your own yeah oil [Music]


[Music] what school did you go to monk Hill how old you've been when you left uh I'll have to go 15. when you were 15 years in school already yeah to become a barber well yeah actually a waitress waitress in a cafe and then around the corner there's a pub and then I stopped in waitress there and then came by lady how many years did you do that for oh for a few years is that how you met Archie no no it'll not be working in Parks you know anything like the drunk and I slap people's ass he says like because I do like it I was like well fair enough so I had a lot of different job he wanted you to quit the job you quit the job yeah yeah basically become my wife and all that yeah yeah I don't blown like you know when you're working that sort of Pub place it's surprising you should be single in that sort of place so you know get people chatting you out drunks you know and I suppose I wouldn't like it was the other way around so yeah yeah it's one of these places here drunk people I wouldn't want my wife to work in the Bible yeah


and like stack your shirt I said I've got the shell today he said I can't do that either I said you know just washed up shelves snack shelves no [Music]


we always do this yeah I always do this when you're on it's like they want to be on camera probably


it's not as old as to be like around camera I think your attention because you're trying to ask you for your effect don't have the fact ready for you wouldn't they yeah oh oh thank you okay yeah perfect thank you so much thank you thank you very much


you give me another packet they're not they're not cheaply


like what I hate about people they give you the hopes up so yeah we're going to got you a flirt we're going to get you this and then they're going to turn up see like I I hope this before and I always said to Artie don't get yourself but he always gets his house up and then when they don't turn up it gets really upset because very sensitive for emotional person


it'll be on the one that don't get my hopes on the doggy hopes up because sometimes I just let you down but he always feels that thinks the best in people but yeah this is going to happen and it will happen and then when it gets like they don't turn up it gets upset and I hate it have you had that day before as well like Jason did yeah yeah they've done it for us Christmas they said that they got it they told us to pack all our stuff up I was over there and then they said they're going to put us in a half over Christmas is it a Whipple and I didn't turn up yeah


so I I didn't get too much offset because I didn't get real stuff but Archie he always gets his hopes up he always thinking like they're gonna like they say they're gonna do it because they're gonna do it but they don't


I don't know I'm surprised about that um basically they're supposed to be by law what we got told is that if it goes below zero they have to house you yeah and they didn't they just they woke us up one time four o'clock in the morning to ask for someone else you know we're homeless we need help we need a home we need a roof overhead you know woke us out there he said hello hello and they talked to us but they didn't want to talk to us they wanted us to ask they would ask us where they can find someone else to help them like are you think that's Liberty like you're working up to find someone else so they can house them don't get wrong I'm all happy for everyone to get a house but don't wake us up and say oh you know so they woke us up we can get back to sleep and but your house is someone else so we've been out so much longer than everyone else yo I don't like everyone should get health but you know plenty of wake us up at four o'clock in the morning someone else is sleeping so where do you see yourself in like five years time clearing hopefully yeah I don't want nothing big it's a nice little flat but me and Archie could snug on a sofa yeah have a nice shower come home do some home-cooked foods yeah L.A and just cut off and live the rest of our lives and maybe get a job or something like that that's all without nothing massive we just put our little flies we've got our own cooker our own shower and where we can start making more memories together that's all we want what will you think about the times you spent on streets as a was there anything enjoyable in it so yeah I don't really want it they offered a lot of a lot of things uh when I'm back like outside the generosity of people the whole little people yeah you see like how generous people can be how not even people just stop don't ask you money just stop this technology and talk to you yeah you know because they do look like you're on a cage animal you know like you go to London Zoo and they want to stand here look at the monkey look at the cows you know look at the donkeys or whatever that's how we thought everyone standing stairs at us and we're supposed to do this movement oh look they moved you know and we've got like we've got to start doing tricks okay so we sort of like look like we're animals behind a cage because we wouldn't stand there let's just stare at y'all as it was like you're like you're not human here oh look they moved you know


we're the animals because people stop and they stare at you and then sometimes you so far as a banana


hello love um


my mom she has to change like them bag things was that cold I can't remember what bags it's just some of them but because they want attention she goes they want to go away and they don't really want to go away and they go and they make you cake them there they're like I don't wanted that information


yeah well I don't mind that as long as I don't like the the personal hygiene you know the cleanups and yeah that's what that's my worst fear is is not being able to wash myself you know when you have to like get to that age where someone had to wash it I can't I don't think I'll be out there I would die I think I feel I've always died and after I started taking a shower wash me and wash me down I'll be all or go to bed you know I see some ladies they're going all these little extremely oh no


well I know that I have a lot of spirits so like I've got lots of stores a ton of grandchildren and they can't [ __ ] granny can they [Music] um they won't be able to [ __ ] me I know everything I've been seeing everything yeah I've seen everything shocked me I've seen it all I think now I just want a quiet life just want to go home may not see that's what we want is to be able to have a shower cook some dinner and just live together and just that's it that's all we want for so many years on the streets you were like to be I don't know it will take you years to get used to that yeah well when I you don't see people but you see walls exactly they put me in a bed a couple years back and I fell out of it because I saw you sleeping on the floor I'll roll that up you're not normally yeah I feel like oh you got better bed and I said well change you've got about better we have yours


because like he found a friend of his under a car yeah dead because of the cold he's laying on the floor under the car and he died so like if someone sits on the floor now he moves it away goes get some cardboard get this you know it's very uh cardboard doesn't give you any protection


and they're halfway immaculous you think is it no millets is it maclinburg millets you think he's expensive in there but it's not like there's a black bed I think it off the kids oh I'm about to work now I think about 50 17 pounds and it's a double one and I think you know not bad it keeps you isolated yeah so when he gets out this is like a fibery mattress a foam mattress look but the thing is when it gets wet down there that's why I've got the waterproof underneath it if it gets wet it's like a sponge that sets it all in that's a thing but we're not to get sell I'm going to get us to get that blow up one there's no point now because the people will get a spot for and probably want to burst it or shove it yeah that's the thing people do that they're [ __ ] oh they say Spotify yeah


sponge on it but yeah


but yeah they're getting some painters out here you do get tightness they're like see anything nice they want to ruin it come on killer I'm sure you could get a bet tonight if you go to a hostel why don't you go to a hostel you have to get reversed yeah but you have to get revered you have to be referred what you have to be referred you can't just go to you can't just you can't just go to hostel and they let you in you've got to go you've got to be referred you're right no they want they want to come you can't just do that you can't just turn up and go oh can I come in you have to wait for the Outreach to come out then they interview you then they ask you to come there and then they say what we've got room for you or they have got room for you you can't just turn up we could just turn it up everyone do it well I think the hostel work they worked like that everybody can really if you're like you know homeless no you have to go to a council and you've got land hole then they got to come out and see you a couple of times which everybody's seen has about 30 000 times then they want to do this homeless fun with you know they said get back to you they don't hear from them then they said we've got to do another homeless form where we are then you don't hear from them again and then when you do they take you there and then they sign forms again and they say oh we might have a room for you so stay where you are we don't move obviously this is our bed and then they go there's no rooms at the moment and then you hear from other people like oh yeah I've got these apartments they don't like they just told me they had no rooms in there an American that is lovely you know I'm already talking about a bottle of cider yeah can you tell us you don't get any benefits in there yeah I've got a bottle of side I could share the money for it anyway watches for me and illy's cards just over bottle cider like you know you know Scotland apparently they've got it all done you know how like your homeless your house to include that if in two weeks you're housed yeah and I mean how it's not like hostels they've got all drug Revolution places there people even people at the house and they're like in the rooms and Bailey's they've got every sorted out apparently everyone said like moved to Scotland I've just moved out of Scotland for seven years oh yeah they said apparently they've got everything down to the point now so that lady was going to move out and then exchange was delayed in quarter she said she brought her up she said no she goes it's everything's better off here now so you still want to move she stayed in Scotland yeah apparently yeah yourself as homeless they provide you accommodation right away yeah like homeless that's good a lot of I've noticed a lot of migrants would do that you know they registered themselves as homeless just to get the council yeah oh I'm I'm a homeless now I get a house and you're on the ladder to get your videos back in the 80s he's got 70 80s used to be able to get a house straight away yeah as soon as you get to the council they get you a pair of keys and some people at a certain age and they still got their places to go just go to the council and I hate it when they go to us like have you been to the council who called me [ __ ] have


we've been everywhere because she's turning point like in the hall we've been living we live out the Casual most of the time and then you tell guys have you been to the council no we're just sat here done nothing of course we've done everything yeah they're saying is they know every every homeless thing they know about us They Know yeah but last time you said you wouldn't go to a hostel because they wouldn't give you as a married couple hostel for a room for the two of it I would have women and men separate that's right yeah no way this is my husband if you got your wife you want to wake up her in the morning yeah you don't want to go to your web what uh I can only see you during the day or you can't come into Milestone or if you can't controvers you can't cook the dinner you can't watch film together you wanna when you you when you wake up do I suppose you want to see is your wife when is it the last time you watch the film together with Archie oh last time I watched the film together we oh we moved to Dover and we had this little shed uh it's just an old doorway and had a light bulb this around like an Archie band Hands-On he's got electrician all-around Builder he's [ __ ] smart as [ __ ] I love that he likely we went to I was at Heart Foundation bought a TV for a 10 pounds yeah and it's a TV DVD player and in the church shots it's I think it was five DVDs for a pound okay for 40 days and he managed to connect the wires from the light into the TV so and that's the last time I watched it was Dumb and Dumber foreign


[Music]


[Music]


y collection in our heads already we love the same films we've got the same sense of humor you'd love to change music we love everything the same food so we like if he likes it I like it you really like it he likes it yeah


what kind of a place you had in Dover what was it like this is not it was like um it's like a car park it's like behind shops in it but it's a place that I want it and used I think it's a bank or set he wasn't getting used it only is like the size that two phone boxes together


started wiring things up and let's bring the Telly came on Red Light TV we had a charger for our phones so we could charge our phones up in there it's a little box it is so clever it's really clever how long did you stay there for oh a few months what happened that you had to go uh you know what happened is that everything like everything we needed it was down in Croydon and they weren't they're saying that we had to live up here because uh we had no family out there but he had some connections in Folkston in Dover so but we are planning on getting that corner again we can't get we're just I think we're just going to up and leave and


took over yeah maybe yeah I wonder about some of the stuff is doing I doubt it but yeah it's just like some batteries done Telly he's got a DVD player but yeah like we're charged a lot of phones and we're not mattress in there it was quite comfortable some people want people seeing that like when you see people like this oh no right so what do you want me to be so because I'm homeless you just want me to sleep on the floor with one little blanket over me now if I'm homeless I'm going to make sure I'm comfortable but you hear some people go like oh they're all right they've got mattress they've got this in there well what do you expect to like you expect those people homeless that we have to look homeless that we can't go into Central and have a quick wipe that round and wash and brush our teeth yes we are going to do that it's one time I had my hair makeup done because I wanted to feel like a woman still yeah so I went and had to clean up done my hair done my hand in the hand dries yeah they're like yeah don't worry


because I went in there to have a wash how do you charge your phones and I said it's homeless shelters yeah sometimes these shops will charge our phones for us they will leave you alone yeah yeah maybe Taylor will come see you later oh I hope so I don't know but sometimes you know sometimes I might be quiet


I'm a bit tired but I've woken up a bit yeah you're waking me up now I finished that walk and now I sat down and had to relax they they um remember and you know you never forget rocket health I'm not going to what part of the homeless person never again


yes I do but I dropped in that notes okay cool okay but you know


everybody's got their own poison yeah but yeah they ultimately think you've got something or you you're definitely home again like you're homeless then you definitely are jogging yeah yeah you can go on and on man

No comments:

Post a Comment