Thursday, August 24, 2023

Meet Andy - he became homeless due to family issues - Life on the Streets

 I met Andy in south London. He has been homeless twice, each time it was woman causing his homelessness.


. . . . Vlog in text: we are here with Andy who's been homeless for how long a month now a month one month yeah tell us quickly your story because basically um I had a rough year I split up with my girlfriend uh beginning of the year um so I ended up on my dad's sofa in the space of six when I was working and then um uh so I found out I got arthritis due to a broken leg it's turned into arthritis so I can't work due to covid couldn't get a physiotherapist to help me so I can't work anymore anyway since then uh since then I couldn't pay my rent um lost my pays not right what was your job before you became homeless before you lost your address I'm a senior JavaScript software engineer now I've got mental health he's got mental health so why are we out here so you had an accident yeah a bike accident you were on a bike right yeah from from cocaine from heroin from cat tablets races I couldn't find my rent um lost my pies what about like like a government had didn't did you get that like University yeah I got Universal Credit but that was it that was like 344 pound a month and I don't go nowhere I don't is that all you were getting yeah that's what I was getting because I didn't until I found out I've only just recently found out I had arthritis but then my mum passed away and she was a family politics my dad and my brother and I'd send it out on the streets so I ended up outside made it hospital because I knew what to do about being homeless and because I was homeless six years ago after my marriage failed I said and then um got verified I had to be physically laying down before they come see you um otherwise everyone for you I've spoken to having a really decent people uh according to reached so sorry um Andy yes Andy yes coming back to the family she's what was it was a it was a house that you were staying yeah yeah it was obviously tell us more about that yeah yes um I'm staying on my dad's side because I split up with my girlfriend she's selling the flat um yeah and in that time when I was starting a lot of sort of I broke my leg three years ago and uh I don't know what you call it stuff between your leg the fluid whatever on that leg and then um found out I got arthritis I couldn't work no more um [Music] yes uh lots of my mum passed away and fill out with um [Music] his father and I'm back on the streets all right but you've been housed this year yeah I've just got into Palmer House which is a place up the road I was hostile um better than being on the streets you know but um yeah I've got a room in a lot of complex and you share the washing machine you've got to share kitchen um because like your entire office and that there's always something how many rooms are there often it's about 50. yeah it's quite it's fair size it's fair size um said I wasn't actually housed no she's still she's still yeah she got out she was meant to get ours before me but we met on the streets you know so I don't know whether that's made a lot of difference because obviously she's she's a woman she should be before me so that was housed with women first I think obviously what she's had to trauma experience which is on the street there's two guys want to grab hold of her and things like that so but um yeah well tell us more about like your childhood oh I grew up in overboard um yeah just up the road here um foreign out on the streets don't see that anymore um it won't be long um yeah so I went um from now I've gone to um work went to work went to school I went to work I worked in the building of a 20 you know 25 years now as a builder as a builder yeah multitrade do locksmith for your carpentry but I am whatever took loads more rugby so I mean but the situation is at the minute with everyone as homeless is there's there's not enough room at the invos you know there's too many people here there's not enough dwellings for people you know um it's not a lot there's lots of sold in Canada I mean not building enough houses not to no there's nowhere for nowhere to go and there's not excuse me um as you use their walking sticks yeah after you can't put no weight on it can't go upstairs yeah I have to I have to use I've got different ones I use I haven't I've even been seen to you I'm still waiting to have an assessment going I know that was over a month ago I found out I got arthritis definitely I haven't even had a phone call about that yet um so I've just been dealing with a GP I just keep getting fun uh painkillers all the time playing because painkillers like the substance abuse on the streets no I've got a problem with alcohol um that goes back a few years now but obviously it's my marriage fault but um I've got I've managed to get cut it right down I'm getting help for that I've got to go tomorrow and get another appointment A lady called cowra and lovely loaders are drinking at the moment uh through four cones a day but it used to be strong side and now it's only like Coles Burger now yeah but that can all change depends what happens in the day you know your mood can change quite quickly you can be having a laugh and and then you can be down and that's when you hear an entrance we are because you're around there it's terrible these people break your bottles of fights that are kicking off every night you know every night [Music] but Queens Gardens they do a lot of food for the homeless every night and a half past nine it's going off down there all the time and there's more and more people going down there and you know you're dealing with all walks of life and then there's people they're even working that go down there you know where the clock tower is Queen's Garden is right next to it so you go down there you can get some food what about the Crisis crisis they're good but because there's so many people there's not enough slot slot to try and get a shower I could take you awake to have a shower and take it away you know because you have to be pre-booked that's the problem yeah you know there's so many homeless at the minute you think the number is growing of homeless people yeah um it is so many how many yeah but there's there's about 20 down this High Street alone I don't know I was leaving on rough I don't always float on the High Street this is probably one of the best place to sleep under here the doctor it comes to about here if the rain's coming out but you know I'm one of the fortunate ones I've actually housed but these two my friends here your house tonight no I was housed on Thursday oh thank you my friend blood pressure yeah um yeah it's um what was the question sorry it's good to see somebody else you know I like to document that yeah as well I just wanted to be on camera he was number one I thought no it's fine it's fine um well if there is a lot people keep coming up they move they move us on and things like that yeah you get a lot of help yeah a lot there's a lot of good people out there a lot of still a lot of good people yeah you know they help you know not all the time money is food you know so even if they're having a chat you know it's there's some difference between a good day and a bad day you know so nice smile like that lady there and if there's somebody watching this that would like to help you is there any way to contact you yeah um I've got my phone number so I'll give it to you personally or yeah just tell us what's my phone number uh yeah how are we going guys yeah documents for about the homeless don't um contact my number is 07497-294-135 uh my Mall email address is Andrew Andrew underscore Parsons at outlook.com right thanks a lot for the interview thank you sir you didn't say much my friend but you you've been there a lot of English he's a good man right well you take care thank you guys God bless Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #london #croydon #homeless #homelessness #uk

No comments:

Post a Comment