Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Andrea has fits and Parkinson's - she lives in a hospice - Life on the Streets - London, England

Andrea is from Peckham in London. Her parents came to the UK from Barbados. Despite having fits and Parkinson's disease she lives on the streets.



 folks we are here with Andrea we are in Brixton and how long you've been on the streets Andrea I've been over more than 10 years more than 10 years yeah and what triggered your homelessness letting people anymore it's um relatively crazy about not being fit for having a flat a permanent about really um basically I uh people thought that our old as young


but actually I'm very focused and fits information in my life I needed to get out get out of the streets get out on the streets and and project myself yes 10 years ago you you ended up on the streets where are you from what made you homeless got right what was your job before you became homeless before you lost your address I'm a senior JavaScript software engineer now I've got mental well B's got mental health so accident


bike accident you were on a bike Yeah Yeah from from cocaine from heroin from cut tablets racism oh I wouldn't pick it I was going to


all right


all right I said I grew up I grew up on some in the summers in Pittston oh you brought up in yeah summers in Brixton all right Andrea well tell us tell us about your childhood how was your where your parents came Amnesia and dementia and uh my Parkinson's and stuff are quite a little social you've got it I got a social I'm linked to abuse and stuff I know okay I got this I have to get it you've got dementia yeah I have to get in Parkinson apocalypse


you said something but the drug up is what drugs


I believe that people with these smoke drug and take drink it's not um due to um Associated people gravitate to each other but after a detailed a point about your childhood the child drama traumas and travel and I listened at um Pickering


yeah all right well so let's get get back to your childhood so you grew up in a in a proper family mother and father um siblings [Laughter] that domestic violence really um not competition um mainly of um this arguments over like a little bit of the children you know their current state of their minds and how they can progress in society it's best excellent suggestion and yeah


space education tendencies yeah in brics and where do you sleep do you sleep around is that your place where you stay for a night


I see I'm staying at National hospace in 2010


I picked up because I'll grab protection it's got a lot of memories to me a lot of memories and uh yeah he's got a good memories I I can't link myself with pickle and Brixton to start with Southeast


um I kind of like um look I've had a big city because it's not sociable it's not sociable but especially more people it's more um correspondency get more opinions in Brixton or opinions you get more opinions but it's more opinions about how much opinions about I should be how I should be how I should be like your opinions about life itself and really I find something in my life right now I need to have feelings about my life character I should be but I'll show um depending about how my life life is how I I affect the community how I represent the community and how um my life is in the community to this state and State yeah yeah what's happening in in Brixton today territorial support group they're changing directions


aggregational situations in in Safi right now due to the Poland situation and due to the um non-correspondence of people right a lack of Education it happens right now yeah education and how through that group of people that we listen to these are the small things of life like put the housing


it's good in life yeah all right Andrea okay well so you sleep in a hospital that was like how are you finding the hospice


um I'll find it um lonely I think it's the people I find it um call me that Prince I do find it quite um restrictive restrictive yeah what time is it like it's a certain time you have to get back by a certain time that's how I'm only like three days at a time but I found um that um I don't mind saying that point I find it I find it right away um incarcational that father um I I just called cult but I didn't have to cope properly I got bitterness but I got the code about


my long time accommodation do I have to move I thought I'd be moving too much I like stability I like um familiarity if it makes sense


you're homeless so it's not really bad enough and you know what I mean you're homeless you could go it's still it's so pandemic today for pneumonia um and perceiving and stuff you know see people people get raped with supervision maybe I can get raped in my mind


to live a better life on the streets


all right so well is there any way that people can contact you well that's not fun I I believe um they had to telephone your whole body is a communicational portal of BT yeah yeah so you have no fun right now have you got have you got any email or anything like that oh what fun guess what I'm saying but um


I had to add the email I had the email before yeah


but you don't have one now um I've got one back over 28. well I just actually remember oh I did that [ __ ] map oh Hotmail wow all right so that's no use what about social medias Facebook nothing like that I had Facebook before I I just have Facebook um


I got Facebook I Facebook I had them tutor as well oh I hope that would be the password


you mentioned that your parents came from Barbados yeah so you must be a big fan of soccer I was talking about that Gary I I have um Urban Music Urban Legend music Urban Music right yes can you mention a few names um grinder spiral um swept us um yeah so I don't actually have grinder yeah


the hardest Cruise garage um


okay Russia also um and then it's a sky with it's gross is good but I thought it was a bit rough so yeah I feel like I'm the lead to a sub places of the circles to the top plates but it's good though it's good it's been doing this how they mixed it I enjoyed the CD that I enjoyed it yeah all right cool what other music do you like um so


travel travel house


yeah I mean have you have you have done a relationship and what happened to your um and um because you're not really that I'm pretty excited to work don't nothing give me growth you don't give you other aspects of actually I'm handing myself as a woman I I tried to think that I'll do it for a man wait for I should do it work for a man


um I find that the relationships is give and take it's not that I give more than I take I get more than I take you know I give more to them I take I take more back so that was a real balanced you take more back as I say it's no it's not a bad information yeah I don't have Spanish relationships no all right when was your last relationship um I don't have it I meet people linkages


what's that if you meet someone you say hi talk to them three weeks a year two years that's like a state relationship is it yeah establish is called this class at five ten years it's a relationship you know mentoring stuff you know yeah so you have no family whatsoever our family about quite Disney close you know I was at a close family because um


this moments really people are back to um buses talk about your um coinciding that investment of yourself


all right and you're living on the streets you see what's up you see all sorts of crime here what's happening on the streets of Brixton those days and we saw the police is a safe place


I've done this community based anymore


as well teenagers Rebecca was younger children at points um


yeah and what in your well-being and human beings well well-being well-being


the community now is more orientated in well-being well I I don't really think about children I just see more Secondary School not more like um but I understand


academies but um there's less crime though this crime too this is your children crime and there's actually um no more drug taking it's both so so it's more sociable people are more sociable those these days yeah right right there we don't know if you have friends I'll be catalog of friendships but it's gonna maintaining friendships maintaining hope help all right and is there is a message and advice to the society from your point of view what that would be um keep up keep love keep pains but I always have a cable always have about them don't get violent always moan about it first everything you can pass something towards that um talks on first about it if you know if you can help you yeah because your point is you know I mean if you stay focused and not having violence and problems and strife you know those are the way I say at least they just take them nobody Let's Go corporate it's got corporate Banking and um it'll be better if they have everything to do to money no airplanes it's got corporate Banking and it'll be better for you you know banking would be better for me than what yeah


don't go I don't know um the voting the voting the um


yeah it's more multimedia right now anyway that's good do you vote for do you vote for any particular party umatives


Green Party


yeah right so you you this is the best for homeless people is the green parties that they offer them I find they they have that um to be more sociable yes um yes neighbors neighbors are simple forward action but actually um they leave her knee probably fell out of before that in is that basically um they have the last few months among Montgomery utilities Memento and as I said the conservatives are also politics how you fit your target groups how do you feel about you see a good prime minister um


the task is good yeah it's a good you like if you think that's a good job that's good yeah what do you think about brexit Andrea um sorry


I still have a reform civil reform especially reform what's that civil reform


rights movement of a census so you you weren't against brexit or for brexit um I was I was biased really because really if you want to help me if you can't help me in my everyday life that you maintain more cognitive mental about to fix it what's the point say I will talk about no brexit you're a President helped me every day you know every day


to myself I'll break it positive it was a good thing sometimes I cannot make up what you're saying more positive about our Network yeah is there anything else would you like to say this is okay thank you there thank you today thank you


somehow about my life articulate myself better enough but I tried to get my best well I wish you all the best and thank you I hope not to see you on the streets again if I see you if I hope you will be in a in a better State thank you.


Check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #london #croydon #homeless #homelessness #uk

No comments:

Post a Comment