Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Meet Jeff ex soldier from Iraq, now homeless - Life on the Streets - London, England

I met Jeff in Croydon. He was sitting on the High Street. Listen to this story. and check my vlog on https://bloggervloggerselektazupa.blogspot.com/ 



Vlog in text:

all right brother it's about some change I'm so sorry God bless you


play so quickly


it's been on the streets of Croydon or for London yeah yeah for how long two years two years what what's happened I was in the Army for two years Iraq Afghanistan Cyprus I done a service for this country and now I end up like this why is that I mean first because of the government secondly because Society has died every time you sit here they think you have a junkie or you're alcoholic or it's not the money someone to say hello how are you are you okay my friend that is what's important in the world you know and that's this is not happening no to you no yeah but what happened that you ended up on streets I mean you served the Army right you came back that wouldn't you know hey but I'm a street person I'm rough I'm ready for it you know yeah he's actually at the bedroom at the moment because he's had a form of a breakdown but yeah I've ended up in in London alcoholism my parents were drinkers themselves


West Africa


the system's broken I'll pay tax all my life in the UK yeah all in the UK I ran an events company big company [Music]


yeah but what happened that you ended up on streets I mean you served the Army right I came back I was suffering from Mental Health all right my family was suffering my children were suffering I walked out I haven't seen my family for over two years now where is your family I don't know


what's wrong with your mental health I mean I keep on seeing guns bombs blood everywhere and I wake up sweating you know in the it's getting worse and worse and no one's helping me so I have to come into the street beg for money to go into the hotel


all right and where are you usually based any Subway anywhere that's warm Subways that's that's one for that and you said to me that you you come from originally from Turkey but you've been born in this country yeah I was born here but your your parents came from Turkey right and they came here in nineteen 60 something I was born in 1961 I'm 62 years old what you don't look man yeah and uh I've been suffering a long time now so I don't know what's going to happen the government is crap the people are [ __ ] Society has died nobody believes in God no more all right my friend tell me about your childhood about your growth your childhood was good I had a very good childhood my family was excellent and I was I always wanted to join the Army always always and I joined in 2011. I came out 2014. and you were sent actually to to fight I was a cook I was cooking for the troops all right God bless you brother have you got a cigarette I'm so sorry woman I was a cook I was cooking for the troops I was in Basra in Basra yeah that's what is Basra Iraq about you yeah golf one yep 23. 2011. all right cool [Music] golf golf 193 winning yeah and now look at me brother God bless you thank you


[Music] see if it was kind people like that I would survive I wouldn't survive here right so what happened after you came back I came back so I lost my family I walked out I want help for everywhere I want to everywhere I went for help yeah all they're doing is giving me injections every three months just to come what injections were you getting mental health mental health if I don't get the injections I I go crazy you know and you're still on it yeah all these years on these injections do you know what they give you obviously yeah some sort of is the is the um what they call it I'm too hyped all right sedate yeah you try to sedate you calm me down you know tranquilizers yeah something like that all right brother all right Jeff and uh how much you can make make a day begging it depends it depends as soon as I make my hotel money 20 pounds I'm going to the hotel you know 20 pound for the hotel yeah what hotel is that it's 14 here there is a hotel there for 20 pounds I've heard about that hotel yeah it's called The Clock Tower the clock tower that's it good good price actually yes because I'm homeless time because I'm ex-arming you know all right that's why you're getting good price somebody like me would how much I would have to pay about 25 30 pounds like 30 pounds for Clock Tower yeah Thornton heat oh I see and is the hotel like full of homeless people or who is homeless alcoholics homeless alcoholics drug addicts all right does it smell very much yeah okay so it's like a hostel yeah it's a hostel it's a hostel right but you pay for it yeah you get it all right Jeff so yeah you came back ended up on the streets well that was you weren't on the streets you were still in the with your family when you understand with the family alone because of my you know because of my mental health you know it was getting really bad all right and one day I just walked out so who who do you have like nobody's children I've got a daughter she's 22 now and her son I think it's 14 now where did you see them I haven't seen them for two years but I don't know I don't know where they are all right oh God maybe one day maybe one day when I sort myself out I will start crying your children soon and is there any advice would you give to people to young people not to make the mistakes you you did trust yourself but nobody else trust yourself but nobody else all right and is there a lot of like substance abuse on the street there is so many crack and heroin keep away from all that it doesn't make it doesn't help it doesn't help I've been on the streets all this time and I've never I'm not um any substance or nothing like that thank God yeah and if there is somebody want to wanting to help you is there a phone number or an email address every day every day on the High Street of Croydon if somebody wants to help you yeah I'm here every day this is what everybody I haven't seen you actually I've been here before and haven't seen you yeah I'm here but you you now you are here right all right my friend is there anything else would you like to God bless you take care of yourselves and don't do the mistakes like they don't join the Army it's all the fake you help your country but they don't help you so be careful well I thank you very much God bless you God bless you alhamdulillah [Music]


Please subscribe to my channels English - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6D5Fnuv-x76ZuBEE1QzqQ Polish https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONq_xGqSq1IF_MF03QWhrQ Zupa's walks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsFDFcYxQfjFbksRp9g5tcA Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUliL9aCdLJKX7bEqssl_g/videos Silesian Schalger https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwrGNpy_d656LCARoqLexA/videos Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bartosz.strzelec.aka.zupa.tlumacz.dj.life.lover/ Twitter https://twitter.com/Selekta_Zupa Instagram https://www.instagram.com/selekta_zupa/ Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@vlogger_zupa #london #croydon #homeless #homelessness #uk #love #paris #newyork #england #fashion #usa #photography #art #dubai #instagood #music #travel #londonlife #instagram #canada #unitedkingdom #photooftheday #like #germany #italy #follow #style #france #europe #losangeles #beauty #photo #architecture #love #charity #poverty #covid #help #community #donate #homelesslivesmatter #nonprofit #streetphotography #support #volunteer #helpingothers #homelessnessawareness #photography #homelesspeople #losangeles #coronavirus #street #endhomelessness #giveback #art #food #bnw #hope #life #humanity #mentalhealth #dailyvlog #vlog #youtube #vlogger #youtuber #family #suttonrainnguyen #kkandbabyj #cute #khoanguyen #kerenswanson #shoes #fashion #style #sneakers #love #shopping #nike #moda #shoesaddict #instagood #heels #like #jordan #ootd #outfit #onlineshopping #dress #follow #bags #fashionblogger #instagram #adidas #model #fashionstyle #instafashion #stylish #clothes #fashionista #photooftheday #sneakerhead #landonnyguen #khoality #jacksonkhainguyen #vlogs #vlogging #vloggerlife #happiness #youtubers #vloggers #funny #amazing #cuteness #lotsoflove #millionsubscribers #landonians #jacksonista #naynay #teenparents #loadsoflove #london #uk #love #paris #newyork #england #fashion #usa #photography #art #dubai #instagood #music #travel #londonlife #instagram #canada #unitedkingdom #photooftheday #like #germany #italy #follow #style #france #europe #losangeles #beauty #photo #architecture

No comments:

Post a Comment