Sunday, May 21, 2023

Meet Paul, homeless alcoholic from Croydon - Life on the Streets, London, England

 I met Paul on the high street in Croydon, He told me how he ended up on streets. He has an alcohol addiction. Check this out!




Vlog in text:

entire game this time we are here with Paul who's been on the Streets of London for how long five months five months roughly all right what are you reading by the way oh um


what freshliness is this is that any good yeah he's a he was a drug himself to death good actor is that a real story [Music] oh that one yeah I see okay I've got a live records just lay here read a book read that's all I do I'm not sure did you read it all um


well I suppose there's nothing else to do sometimes all right my friend so what triggered your homelessness yeah so that wouldn't you know hey I'm a street breakfast I'm rough I'm ready for it you know yeah he's actually at the bedroom at the moment because he's had a form of a breakdown but yeah I've ended up in in London alcoholism my parents were drinkers themselves


West Africa


the system's broken I'll pay tax all my life in the UK yeah born in the UK I ran an events company big company [Music]


all right my friend so what triggered your homelessness yeah so no I said whatever was oh I was because I broke my leg and I was drinking heavily when I gave one of my flatmates my card in the card number and he basically Stole My Money so I've got interviews with my landlord and now that was basically so it's like if you don't give all the money back by this point that was what that was five months ago yeah five months ago you were still like I had a place to stay yeah and things weren't peer-shaped and you ended up on the streets yeah all right what happened to your legs by the way oh no it's just analysis cleaning out the kitchen I'm up in the floor it's like chicken grease and I I just slipped over and you broke your leg and I'm not kind of Hospital


can you lift it a little bit hold on the surgery all the way down there so I broke my fibular my tibula and so I was just I was laying in bed


and I was relying on other people to go shopping for me and I saw how it happened it's just my fault you know oh that what it was you just she was going to to do some shopping for you yeah yeah your alcohol all right when did your story with alcohol started I mean well you oh a long time I mean I've always drunk about like I said about like 10 years ago roughly to say I love I got in trouble lost you know please came out of Social Services so I could be near my daughter anymore and I think that's what really tricky that's when it started getting really heavy [Music] you could just couldn't cope with your family problems so you say you have a daughter right well I had one yeah man


[Music]


one day I'll see you again so so what happened to your relationship with the mother of the daughter can you tell us about that please


it was all I've said it was just say we're engaged she had two boys who approve his marriage and


I done something stupid so she had two boys before she met you yeah and uh and how long you've been together for about a year about only a year so it was a kind of short-term relationship yeah it moved too quick I moved in too quick she got pregnant and that was yeah and then we got engaged and it just I think it's a bit too much pressure and yeah I've done something silly I won't say on camera but yeah now is it if you kick me out let's move in with my mum yeah so tell us more about your childhood did you grow up in London uh yeah here in Croydon [Music]


how much to say really well did you have both parents yeah well so yeah a man raised me my dad didn't do anything just he was just there feeling awesome and the siblings one brother older brother two years is he all right it takes me every now and again but you know it's not on the streets anyway no no he's got a family Wife and Kids he's got other problems Family Man problems


he's got to take care of his family my support I think you know he's direct family I don't try not to buy him to him I haven't really got a lot of people around so my dad lives in Greece now your dad lives in Greece and what happened to your mum yeah so well she died um yeah about two three years ago got lost out lung cancer just very quick you know one minute she had a bad back about four months she died on box a day day after Christmas started to hear that that's just yeah we're very close but you're living together like no no I had my own place no I had a flat that's what I bought it it was close so I used to go around every weekend


yeah so it's just I don't then I mean covert happened yeah how did you go through covet so obviously I couldn't work anymore because of that I was out of work for six months drinking heavily because there's nothing else to do [Music]


pastry chef pastry chef make pies okay you know that's that's your skills right pastry chefs or yeah I always kept the cave in Industry taking this today okay how long you've been doing that for hours a couple about three years for the years I was butcher before that and where was that where was that Sussex Sussex yes so I lived there for about 15 years 10 years that's where I lived I got kicked out the reason I came down here I don't know why I came back here where I was brought up I thought we might be some friends around there and he just did work out that way I knew now I'm not as a stay here right my nice Vegas obviously I want to get back into work get my own you know place now so may I ask you you know what's your what's your alcohol consumption like I mean how much do you drink well that's my second bowl okay all right so about tours every day maybe two of them so it's bad I see if you like your covers yeah Brandy


is that your favorite alcohol that's easy whiskey whiskey but a bit cheaper no way Brandy is not cheaper than whiskey man never oh it's the cheap stuff all right that's a cheap nasty stuff yeah it's easy whiskey I don't know how I'll go into it the whiskey started off like a little like you know and then say I just got a taste of it yeah drink out the ball


I like you don't recommend it all right have you got any problems like with other addictions drugs abuse I used to smoke a lot of weed when I was with our teenager from to the age of 30. so I lost my fat really well until I got arrested what for well drugs all right you know I had a lot on me and I see someone I was on the train back for work and someone smelled it called the police and that's his history the social services came around and [Music] her kids away she was a good mum you know he's like because if they come I'll leave anyway so that was it really [Music]


foreign


hmm you know they they did do anything but it's just a thought they were there and she just flipped her [ __ ] lid yeah I see I see but you gradually anyway you said you you stopped smoking we didn't you yeah I mean she gave me all the money and basically stopped smoking or I'm gonna kick you out so I just stopped yeah yeah I've done it since but then I started drinking instead [Music] oh dumb all right my friends [Music] listen if there's any like advice that you can give to people not to end up like you what that would be [Music] uh


no I just you know just keep your head above water like don't don't take stuff for granting don't drink I mean I know it's easy thing to say but you know because once if you started you had and stuff goes wrong in your life you start to depend on it I don't know if you just but even if you go down you can always pick yourself back up again that's what I'm trying to do but you can't get used to living like how I am now you do you get used to it after a while then I just keep your head up keep drying that's really awkward say I'm not the best person I also advice but all right thanks a lot for the interview and I hope to see you see you soon my friend no problem all right


all the best


#miami #berlin #beautiful #luxury #visitlondon #londoncity #india #model #city #australia #california #nyc #manchester #design #picoftheday #summer #food #artist #lifestyle #bhfyp #fitness #nature #s #america #instadaily #travelphotography #essex #londonphotography #shorts #thisislondon #life

No comments:

Post a Comment